9/26/2017

Today I:

Started making some decisions about the work I'm going to write. These include:


  • Subgenre: I did some research on what styles of jazz I could possible write within, and decided that I would like to write something remeniscent of New Orleans Jazz or of Jazz Blues. I went through some video lectures from Brent Jensen about the history and features of various jazz styles. This was about 45 minutes of research, between these lectures and some listening for each of 6 styles of jazz.
  • Instrumentation: I've begun to work on some chord progression ideas. These include some standard progressions such as Rhythm Changes, as well as some original ideas, although as of right now I am not prepared to say any of my ideas will end up being used.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9/8/2017

11/27/2017